dimanche 27 septembre 2009

Back...

After reading Gary Gibson's fantastic blog over on White Screen of Despair, I've decided to start this little blog up again. Even though I'm sure no one will be reading it, I reckon it will be a good place to talk about my current writing projects, my progress and whether I manage to actually get published. At best, it will give someone else a boost some years down the line to read these posts and see my own trials and tribulations. At worst, it will be funny to come back and read these some time later on.

So... current projects - as it has been for the last few years: Soulreaper. The story of a former assassin turned thieftaker investigating a couple of murders with an old man's soul in his head. Damn, how many times have I written that??!

At the moment I'm on a second, or third (?), draft, and have the first 6 chapters written in some form or another. I'm trying to do a constant write-reread 5 or six times-move on kind of way of writing, which I've never really done before. Not sure of the word count now and can't be bothered to check, I'll try and do it tomorrow.

Otherwise, I'm working on a series of ST fan fics I quite like, which I may or may not talk about on here.

What else? Nanowrimo is getting closer and I'm wondering whether to carry on with Soulreaper during that time and get a first draft done (slightly against nano rules but...) or whether to try something completely different. Maybe space opera I'd try and publish through Ray Gun Revival, a great pulp type ezine with a lot of guys from ex-Deep Magic. Or a more serious SF book about 4 friends caught up in an alien invasion and picking their friendship back up 250 years later (wow that doesn't sound so serious when you put it like that). Or one of three or four fantasy ideas... Choices, choices.

Currently Reading:
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruis Zafon
The Atrocity Archives by Charles Stross (ebook)

Listening to:
Muse - The Resistance

Watched:
The Sentinel
Supernatural s05e03 (So good!)
True Blood s02e06 or 07

Looking forward to:
Catching up on Heroes/Desperate Housewives/Fringe
over next few days

Aucun commentaire: